7 October 2016
Consortium Kosovar Civil Society for Sustainable Development has accused Government, especially the Ministry of Economic Development and Minister Blerand Stavileci, that has plunged the country into financial liabilities long to private operators so unstudied and that clearly will have high cost for state budget and households.
So says a press release KOSID, according to which after several formal meetings with World Bank officials held this week, have come to realize a series of violations and procedural talks Kosovo Government, World Bank and Contour Global, for the construction of new generating capacity with coal.
Give me the next, the full press:
Formal meetings with World Bank officials held this week, KOSID has come to realise a number of legal and procedural violations in talks Kosovo Government, World Bank and Contour Global, for the construction of new generating capacity with coal.
1. The bidding process for the power plant “Kosova e Re” has bypassed the laws of Kosovo, causing the Contour Global qualify contrary to the principles and criteria of competitiveness of the European Union.
2. The Government of Kosovo and the World Bank are refusing to carry out the study of Environmental and Social Impact of the project now, as long as the necessary studies for such projects.
3. The latter, also failed to develop economic feasibility study of the project and the proposed financial and negotiate an agreement of employment for the local population.
This process is taking place away from the public and non-transparent way!
KOSID also possesses investigative report of the Inspection Panel  of the World Bank for the relocation of people living near the plants in the context of preparations for the proposed project “Kosova e Re”. This report has found serious violations and damage the interest alarming the population. Document can be found attached.
Responsible ministries which possess this document, despite the findings of the Inspection Panel (the findings of which are listed below), refuse to address the problems associated with the forcible transfer of population.
1. Citizens of Hades seriously injured households (loss of economic and social assets) as a result of the emergency evacuation occurred in 2004, where a number of international institutions (UNMIK, the Provisional Institutions of Kosovo and later government Kosovo) have been involved in these violent mass displacement of the population.
2. Inspection Panel finds that the Resettlement Policy Framework (document proposed by the World Bank) and bad implemented by the Government (ie the Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning) has failed to displace the population of Hades by the Bank’s own standards World and consequently burdened the lives of citizens.
3. Since 2004 until now, the Government of Kosovo and misguided by the World Bank failed to implement the basic principle of human rights to life with dignity, which is guaranteed by the Constitution of Kosovo.
From the facts mentioned and the situation described above, this process is utterly unfair, highlights mugesën transparency of the Government of Kosovo, which are supposed to be completed this process not transparent, is ignoring the purpose and premeditation findings show that the impact of the plant and the opening of new mines to supply coal is disastrous and long-term consequences. These effects reflect negatively on the lives of citizens, economic development and undermine the financial system of the country. From the content of the documents clearly understood that no government with responsibility and respect for the rule of law should not be involved in projects that harm the interests of citizens.
Kosovo Government, especially the Ministry of Economic Development and Minister Blerand Stavileci, liable to put the country on financial liabilities long to private operators in order to free-studied and that clearly will be unbearable cost for the state budget and households.